Fabric ironing, first born in France, is a handicraft technique inherited from European court aristocracy. Those well-designed and hand-made fabrics are used to decorate candlesticks, mirror frames, tableware, dolls, jewelry boxes, etc. Used as accessories for clothing and hats.
In modern times, the technology of making flowers is more skilled, and it is widely used in clothing design, home decoration, and jewelry, and its uses are more varied. Compared with the past, making flowers is no longer just the needs of the palace, but everyone's needs, which also causes the market to be in short supply. The price of all hand-made flowers remains high.
The usual production process is to make a pattern, draw it on the cloth, cut the petals, color and dye them, use a heated hot iron or tweezers to iron the arc, give expressions, and shape the petals. Finally, the petals and leaves are glued together, and the stems are made of iron wire and other materials. After complicated processes, the lifeless fabric flowers bloom in the hands of the craftsmen.
And the fabrics required for various fabric flowers are different. There are many types of fabrics, such as: silk cloth, satin, organza satin, electric spinning and so on. The thickness, gloss, and texture clarity of the fabric all have an important impact on the overall shape of the fabric flower.
Fabric hot flowers can not only be preserved for a long time in a dry environment, never wither, but also have strong plasticity and can be freely created. The creativity of floral works is the source of life for fabric hot floral design. There is no fixed collocation, no fixed shape, and no fixed space for existence. Under the combined action of various fabric flower production processes such as bending, folding, stringing, and cutting, flower art works full of soul are born. The full-bodied fabric hot flower has the characteristics of diversity and richness, which brings us a shocking viewing experience. These never-fading beauty are more collectible.
At present, fabric hot flowers are mainly used in advanced custom dresses, hats, accessories, wedding decoration, interior decoration and so on.
Flower-making process: sizing - drying - cutting flower shape - dyeing - drying - ironing pattern - combination - sewing to clothing accessories
1. Sizing: mix water with Nanbao gum, and add water in the ratio of 4 (water): 1 (Nanbao gum), and soak the fabric in the liquid mixed with water. Then lay it on a large flat surface for drying, which can make the fabric more rigid after drying.
2. Cutting: Cut out the shape you want to make, such as the flowers of lily of the valley, the petals of flowers, the shape of leaves, etc.
3. After cutting, it can be dyed, usually using special textile dyes, the lock color is more durable, and it can be used after drying
4. Use a scalding device to heat up the shape and texture of the petals and leaves. There are scalding tools with corresponding shapes, such as lily-of-the-valley trowel, petal trowel, knife trowel, tendon trowel, etc.
5. Combine the hot petals and leaves, etc, and use Nanbao gum for fixing and bonding. After the Nanbao gum is air-dried, it is transparent and will not affect its appearance.
6. The combined items can be sewn to clothes, jewelry: earrings, rings, necklaces, headbands, clips, hair ties, etc, to add a unique charm to your clothes and jewelry.
It is normal to have a smoking state in the 1st to 3rd heating time, and there is a safety wire inside to protect it, so it needs to be heated 3 times. After the 4th heating, there will be no smoke.
Below is a video demonstration of the production process, explore your own inspiration based on the projects in the video
The fabrics shown in the video below have been processed with Shangnanbao gum. Please soak the fabric with Nanbao gum and dry it before operation. After drying, it can be cut and dyed. Usually, for the texture of the fabric, two different fabrics will be glued together for ironing, which will make the fabric more textured and thick.
The video shows are all the production tutorials after applying Nanbao gum in the early stage and drying it. Before making, remember to apply Nanbao gum to the fabric, dry and cut it before coloring. Different kinds of fabrics are glued together, the texture of the fabric is thicker, and the texture of the subsequent hot stamping will be more three-dimensional.